A Nautical Ballad
- A CAPITAL ship for an ocean trip
- Was The Walloping Window-blind —
- No gale that blew dismayed her crew
- Or troubled the captain’s mind.
- The man at the wheel was taught to feel
- Contempt for the wildest blow,
- And it often appeared, when the weather had cleared,
- That he’d been in his bunk below.
- The boatswain’s mate was very sedate,
- Yet fond of amusement, too;
- And he played hop-scotch with the starboard watch,
- While the captain tickled the crew.
- And the gunner we had was apparently mad,
- For he sat on the after-rail,
- And fired salutes with the captain’s boots,
- In the teeth of the booming gale.
- The captain sat in a commodore’s hat
- And dined, in a royal way,
- On toasted pigs and pickles and figs
- And gummery bread, each day.
- But the cook was Dutch, and behaved as such;
- For the food that he gave the crew
- Was a number of tons of hot-cross buns,
- Chopped up with sugar and glue.
- And we all felt ill as mariners will,
- On a diet that’s cheap and rude;
- And we shivered and shook as we dipped the cook
- In a tub of his gluesome food.
- Then nautical pride we laid aside,
- And we cast the vessel ashore
- On the Gulliby Isles, where the Poohpooh smiles,
- And the Anagazanders roar.
- Composed of sand was that favored land,
- And trimmed with cinnamon straws;
- And pink and blue was the pleasing hue
- Of the Tickletoeteaser’s claws.
- And we sat on the edge of a sandy ledge
- And shot at the whistling bee;
- And the Binnacle-bats wore water-proof hats
- As they danced in the sounding sea.
- On rubagub bark, from dawn to dark,
- We fed, till we all had grown
- Uncommonly shrunk, — when a Chinese junk
- Came by from the torriby zone.
- She was stubby and square, but we didn’t much care,
- And we cheerily put to sea;
- And we left the crew of the junk to chew
- The bark of the rubagub tree.
- -Charles Edward Carryl
Taken on June 11th in Manchester Tennessee.
from On the Pulse of Morning
Just purchased a new Seiko 5 Sports Watch Reference: SRP611J1! So far I’m loving the unidirectional bezel and overall size of the watch (45 mm if you’re considering purchasing your own). The bezel is great for quick calculations and the blue face perfectly compliments most outfits. My favorite part of the watch definitely is the little red airplane on the seconds hand. It ads that extra bit of originality I was looking for! Took this picture with the Prisma filter app.
Recently made this background for iPhone or Android
Recently started road biking and decided to go with the Specialized Allez Mid-Compact. The Aluminum frame is super light and the carbon fork ads some well needed shock absorption, while keeping the bike stiff and nimble. The color scheme also looks really great and goes well with most kit. I’m excited to enjoy this beautiful Puerto Rican weather and hit the road soon!
Had an amazing time seeing such an iconic Broadway show!!